“Be grateful for everything that you’ve been through because it was necessary in order for you to become the person that you are today.” –Pastor Steven Furtick
I can’t believe that we are in 2018! I’m sure we’re all feeling this way and as cliché as it may sound, it flew by for me. 2017 was an amazing year for me. I traveled to Europe, met amazing people, started a master’s program at my dream school, started a blog, grew as an individual and learned some valuable lessons.
- SELF-LOVE IS THE BEST LOVE: I’m sure you’re all tired of me saying this but I have learned that in order to love others you must first love yourself. The sooner you realize this the better your relationships will be.
- ALWAYS DO THE THING THAT SCARES: Take risks whether it be with your career or in your relationships. You will never know your full potential until you try. Also, there is a lot of learning that comes with risk taking.
- THROUGH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE: This year I was able to strengthen my relationship with God and to trust in Him and I was able to see amazing things result from it.
- KNOW WHO YOU ARE, KNOW WHAT YOU WANT, KNOW WHAT YOU DESERVE AND NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS: This one is self-explanatory. Know your worth and then add tax.
- THIS TOO SHALL PASS: Everything in life is temporary and it doesn’t matter if you’re going through a tough time just know that it will pass.
- TRAVEL. TRAVEL. TRAVEL.: Traveling has changed my outlook on life. It made me realize so much about myself and it made me want to continue to travel the world.
- BELIEVE IN YOURSELF OR NOBODY ELSE WILL: If you expect people to believe in you even a little bit, you must first trust and believe in yourself.
- PRACTICE SELF-CARE DAILY: This year I learned that taking care of myself mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically are imperative. I must do what is necessary to ensure that I am taking care of myself daily.
- ASKING FOR HELP DOESN’T MAKE YOU WEAK: I have always been the independent – figure it out on my own kind of person. This year forced me to rely on people like never before and I’m grateful because it showed me who is truly in my corner.
- START WORKING OUT: This has been one of my resolutions for as long as I can remember and it still hasn’t happened. I want to be fit but the gym intimidates me. This year I hope that with the help of my friends I can get on the gym wagon.
- EAT HEALTHIER: I’m 26 it’s about damn time that I start eating healthier and focusing on what enters my body. I don’t eat extremely unhealthy food but I would love to incorporate more greens and less meat into my diet.
- READ A BOOK PER MONTH: I love reading but I distract myself with so many other things that I don’t give myself the time to do it. I would like to read at least 12 books this year.
- START MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: This is another one that has been on my list of to-dos since 2014. This one is the scariest one on my list but I really want to get it started.
- POST MORE FREQUENTLY ON THE BLOG: I used to be able to post once a week and I have become a slacker. I hope to get back to my old ways this year.
- CONTINUE TO GET CLOSER TO GOD: I would like to continue to strengthen my relationship with God and be a better Christian.
- MANAGE MY FINANCES: LOL- I’ve gotten a lot better with my finances I will say that but I have a long way to go until I feel as though I have truly gotten the hang of my finances.
- FINISH MY BOOK: I began writing a book in 2015 and for many reasons I stopped writing it. I would like to finish it and start sharing it with the world.
- TRAVEL: This year, I would love to vacation and explore Jamaica and Cuba. I would also like to make a trip to New Orleans and Atlanta and visit some friends that live there.
Wishing you all an amazing 2018!
What are a few of your personal goals for this year?